We are delighted to be an accredited member of the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS). This shows that we follow best practice procedures to meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service in providing tailored wills and probate advice to consumers.
Law Society WIQS Accredited Member
Client Charter: Why choose a WIQS accredited firm?
• We will not make any misleading claims about the advantages of making a will, or pressure you into buying more complex advice that is not in your best interests.
• We will help you understand the issues in preparing a will or seeking probate advice to make a more informed choice from the outset.
• Our dedicated wills and probate service is tailored to your needs. We will explain the process, options, costs and likely timescales.
• We will provide you with the name(s) of the person(s) responsible for your matter.
• We will agree how you want us to contact you and how often.
• We will communicate with you in plain English, explaining any legal terminology.
• We will reply to your questions within 48 hours or provide a timeframe for more complex issues.
• We will tell you when unforeseen issues affect the original cost estimate and timeframe and explain the impact.
• We will treat you with dignity and respect at all times.
• WIQS is only open to law firms or other organisations that are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
• The Senior Responsible Officer or Head of Department must have at least three years’ experience of will drafting and estate administration.
• Accredited solicitors and other staff complete mandatory training on the WIQS standard and show compliance through annual re-accreditation and ongoing enforcement checks by the Law Society.
• If you are not happy with our service or the advice received, contact our Client Care Partner. If you are not happy with our response, you can find further information about progressing your complaint on the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s website – www.sra.org.uk. The Law Society will await a decision from the regulator before taking any action.
We are a Member of The Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS)
To give you further confidence and protect you against fraud, the Law Society’s accreditation process included checking the identity of our practice and all individuals delivering wills and probate advice, regulatory and insurance checks and proof of financial and risk management procedures.
You can easily check that we are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and are WIQS accredited by searching for us on the Law Society’s Find a Solicitor website: www.lawsociety.org.uk/findasolicitor.